Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Clone Continues


Work on my starfox clone is coming along. I've been busy lately, so I haven't made tons of progress, but so far so good really. This one man computer science wrecking crew is getting the job done.

I have basically have a simple engine right now. It has all the framework for all sorts of ships, shots and collisions.

The next big thing I'm going to have to learn to do is make a HUD. Making text appear on screen is probably going to be difficult. If anyone knows of any good tutorials for that sort of thing, you should send them my way. Maybe people who've done 305 will know.

In the picture, you can see the enemy take a shot at me. Its in the top right corner, safe to say he's not very accurate and he could have timed things better, but what can you expect from a first time pilot. I call those guys iBots, because they sort of look eye-ish.

I also put up the current Ubuntu build. Its on its own sidebar now. In this one you can kill, and be shot at. You won't die, but I'll do that stuff later.

Anyway. Rock Rock On.

No comments:

Post a Comment